Nearly 1/3 of all Sterling Satellite's customers are senior citizens. That makes you really important to us! We know that you've worked hard and are ready to enjoy some quality time with your family, with your friends, and even with your TV! We also know that you want to know more about DISH and what it can offer you as a senior citizen. Here's some helpful information to guide you on your way to a great satellite TV experience with DISH!
Sterling Satellite Suggests
America's Top 200: Includes TCM (Turner Classic Movies) and GOLF (Golf Channel).
ViP 722 DVR: This is our most popular receiver among Senior Citizens. You’ll love its ease of use and great functionality.
Premium Movie Package Add-On: Starz, which offers new original series and classic favorites. Find more Premium Movie Packages here.
Right now, you can enjoy HD Free For Life with the purchase of ANY standard DISH package, including the America's Top 200. That saves you $10/month and over $100/year!
Get Help Choosing a Package
Sterling Satellite is dedicated to matching you with the package and equipment that's right for you. If you still have uncertainty about which DISH services to choose, give us at call at 1-800-299-5610.
Order DISH from Sterling Satellite
If you have any questions, or if you're ready to take the next step in securing a great television experience with DISH, call Sterling Satellite today at 1-800-299-5610 to speak with a helpful representative. You can rest easy knowing that we are dedicated to ensuring your satisfaction. Your happiness = our success!
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do you install DISH satellite dishes and receivers?
- We do not install the satellite dishes ourselves. We have partnered with a nationwide network of licensed DISH installers who will be happy to install your satellite dish. These installers conform to all industry standards, ensuring that you will receive a quality installation from a certified, insured company. You will even receive a 90-day warranty with your installation.
The installer will bring the DISH receivers to your home when they come to install your satellite dish. They will help you connect the receivers to your satellite dish, but depending on the connection that you want, you may be responsible for connecting it to your TV. Most basic connections can be completed by the installer, but they may not have more expensive or advanced cabling.
- Is there a warranty available for DISH equipment?
- There is a service plan available for DISH equipment called the DISH Service Plan. It is currently $6/month and offers coverage like full replacement of broken receivers, power surge protection, and video cable replacement. Learn more about DISH Service Plan by calling DISH at 1-800-823-4929.
- How does DISH billing work?
- You can sign up for automatic payments, pay your bill with cash with select services, pay with credit or debit card, or pay by check. Details on all of these payment methods can be found on DISH’s site. Sterling Satellite is unable to process payments for DISH service.
- Are local channels included in DISH packages?
- Yes, almost all DISH packages now include local channels! DISH now also offers local channels to the entire United States.
- Where can I find out what’s on DISH? Is there a program guide?
- Yes. All receivers come equipped with a program guide that shows you show titles, channels, and air times. You'll always be able to find what you're looking for with this easy to use guide.
Just press the “Guide” button on your remote. This will bring up the programming guide, giving you access to tons of information about the great shows that can be seen on DISH, now and in the future.
You can check out the programming guide, get emails from DISH, or see Sterling Satellite's daily guide on What to Watch on DISH!
- Why is there a phone line connected to my DISH receiver?
- Connecting a phone line to your DISH receiver allows your programming guide to update more frequently and gives you the ability to order pay-per-view programming directly from your receiver.
- What can interfere with my satellite signal?
- The most likely culprit would be the weather. Sometimes snow, ice, or heavy rain may cause a momentary disruption in satellite signal strength. However, DISH boasts a 99% signal reliability rating that ensures you can watch what you want, when you want!
Over time, you may also find that trees have grown and have blocked some of your downlink signal from being received. If this is the case, simply trim back the trees’ branches and your signal will be as strong as the day your satellite was installed.
- How do I control closed captioning?
- Closed captioning can be activated by entering the "Settings" menu on your receiver. You can choose between CC1 and CC2, which offer different feeds of closed captioning for some programming.
>>Browse all our Frequently Asked Questions<<